Request a quote
Price on request
+33 (0)1 86 95 95 02
Only you or your group will fully enjoy this experience
What you'll do
Duration of the experience : 6h00
From 3:00 am to 9:00 am
Offered by Carole
Located 7 km from Paris, RUNGIS wholesale market officially opened its doors in 1969.
Today it is the largest fresh food market in the world with more than 234 hectares (331 soccer fields!)
Charged with upholding the traditions of French gastronomy and feeding the capital, Rungis Market is home to some of the most skilled workers in France.
During this exclusive night tour of Rungis, we present its operations and fabulous history dating back more than 8 centuries! You will stride along the paths of the market and its halls. You will also visit the main halls - surrounded by towering displays of fresh fish, traditional butchery, fruits & vegetables, dairy products and flowers.
Highlights of this unique experience:
- Behind the Scenes at Rungis: in the fruits and vegetables halls, you will be invited into the "carreau des producteurs", normally reserved for Parisian farmers. You may choose to attend, the carving of a veal head “Tête de veau” in the tripe pavilion, a fish filleting workshop or visit a cheese cellar, among other options.
You will also discover the logistics of the market, its rail station where 2 full trains of provisions arrive every night, the system for treating rubbish and recycling, the incineration plant and many more secrets.
- Tour catering and delicatessen wholesalers: for those who love gourmet products, the latest development in the market's infrastructure will be of interest. Nicknamed “Gastronomy Avenue” or “the Champs Elysées of Rungis”, the hall is filled with wholesalers specialized in gourmet deli products and professional equipment.
- The "Rungissois breakfast": we will conclude this private tour of Rungis Market with a gourmet breakfast in one of the market's exceptional restaurants.
The content of this tour can be modified to better suit your professional interests or personal preferences.
see the gallery
From 1 to 5 people
For a request of more than 5 people, please contact us
What is provided
The round-trip transportation, from a meeting point of your choosing in central Paris.
Transport between the different halls of Rungis.
Guided tour with an official guide for Rungis (Rungis is a professional market that is not open to the public. You have to be accompanied by an official guide to visit).
Gourmet breakfast, composed of French pastries, platters of cheese and charcuterie, bread, butter, jams, seasonal fruits and various drinks (orange juice, hot chocolate, tea, and coffee).
Wear comfortable shoes for walking and warm clothes for refrigerated zones of the market (temperature can around 0° Celsius in some areas)
To be defined with the client.
All details and contact information will be transmitted to you upon completion of your reservation in order to facilitate the meeting with our expert.
If you wish to cancel the reservation:
- At least 30 days prior the scheduled time of the experience, 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be reimbursed.
- Between 29 days and 10 days prior the scheduled time of the experience, 50% of the total amount of the reservation will be reimbursed.
- Less than 10 days prior the scheduled time of the experience, 100% of the total amount of the reservation is due.
About our expert
Expert guide for food tours of Paris
Carole has started her career working in exports. At this time, she travelled quite frequently and spent several months living abroad in Asia and Latin America. Since this time, she has particularly enjoyed learning more about these cultures and studying the history of their food and regional cuisine. She regularly intervenes at conferences and round table discussions related to culinary tourism. Her background allows her to fully explore the French concept of terroir, trends in the food industry and new paths of distribution. Carole received a Trophy in 2014 for her innovative concept aimed at promoting French culinary heritage and better hosting foreign visitors.